The Priorat is a fascinating and beautiful area which so far has remained undiscovered by all but the most discerning visitor. We would like to take you by the hand and show you what makes this area so special, by tasting its food, wines, meeting the locals. We offer one day trips to DOQ Priorat and DO Montsant wine country from Barcelona (or other nearby cities) by train or by private transfer - you choose the option you prefer....
Black Bread & Wine... Spanish Civil War in Priorat
From Civil War Priorat to the present day wine and gastronomy of the region, this tour uncovers the past and present of the people of this nature park.
The itinerary includes visits to important cival war landmarks such as the observatory of the Battle of the Ebro at Figuera and the cave hospital of Santa Lucia in La Bisbal de Falset.
During the tour we will visit both DOQ Priorat and DO Montsant wineries and also stop at craft workshops of locally produced quality artisan goods.
Sunday Telegrah Article - 17 July 2016 by Michael Kerr
This route includes:
• Specialist guide for the entire two days
• 1 night in a country hotel with breakfast
• 2 lunches and 1 dinner in restaurants with local cuisine
• Visit and tasting in a DOQ Priorat winery
• Visit and tasting in a DO Montsant winery
• Visit to artisan sausage workshop
• Visit to artisan bread workshop
• Available in Catalan, Castilian, French, German and English