Clos Galena, the first Catalan wine served at the Nobel Prize banquet

Formiga de Vellut of Clos Galena is one of the three wines that served at the banquet of the 2017 Nobel Prizes

He shared a table with the Taittinger Brut Réserve champagne and the white wine Viña Errázuriz Late Harvest sauvignon blanc 2016

Formiga de Vellut from the cellar Clos Galena is one of the three wines that served at the 2017 Nobel Prize banquet held on December 10, 2017 in Stockholm (Sweden). Formiga de Vellut is the first Catalan wine to serve the Nobel dinner during the entire history of the awards and has been shared on the table together with the Taittinger Brut Réserve champagne and the white wine Viña Errázuriz Late Harvest sauvignon blanc 2016.

Formiga de Vellut is an elaborate wine of black grenache (60%), Carignan (20%) and Syrah (20%), a full and powerful organic wine with a finely fleshy and velvety finish, with ripe and fresh tannins. They emphasize the aromas of red and black fruit, with balsamic and spicy notes. The wine is aged for 9 months in French oak casks mostly (80%) and the rest in American oak barrels (20%).

The owner and manager of Clos Galena, Merche Dalmau, says that “it is a great honor to have served the Formiga de Vellut 2014 to harmonize the Nobel dinner, a fact that not only helps to reconfirm the quality of the wine but also to bring value to the whole range of Priorat wines in a mature market, such as the Swedish, which pays special attention to organic and environmentally friendly wines “.

Clos Galena celebrates that a red wine from the DOQ Priorat has been chosen to celebrate the Nobel Prize and accompany a meal signed by Stadshusrestauranger in collaboration with chef tom Sjöstedt. Merche Dalmau also welcomes the fact that the press has described the “fantastic” wine, a fact that can help to extend its presence in the Swedish market.

Formiga de Vellut is a wine to enjoy the personality of the DOQ Priorat, who has received good reviews and scores in the guides and specialized press in recent years. It is especially interesting to emphasize that the vintage 2012 and 2013 have won a gold medal at the Mundus Vini Biofach, the international organic wine competition.

Clos Galena is the dream come true of its founder, Miguel Pérez, enthusiastic about the world of wine together with his wife Merche Dalmau. When they met Priorat, they fell in love with the territory and there it was where it came true: to build a sustainable and ecological winery, and to produce wines of high quality, an innovative bet on the DOQ Priorat in 1999 .

The first vintages that came to the market were in 2002, organic wines from the beginning, certified by the CCPAE (Consell Català de Producció Agrària Ecològica).

The wines of the DOQ Priorat are valued among the best wines of the world by the prescribers and critics as nationally as internationally. The wines of Clos Galena have been highly recognized since its beginnings. Clos Galena currently exports to 30 countries around the world, with the references Clos Galena, Galena, Formiga de Vellut i Formiga de Seda.

Share this...
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter

Comment

There is no comment on this post. Be the first one.

Leave a comment